Talent Search Expert in Supply Chain
Purchasing director engineering
Brussel – 22 / 07 / 2019
Cowboy is a young & dynamic company with a vision to change urban mobility! This ambitious team has designed an elegant electrical bike, including the latest technology and connectivity for an affordable price!
After the initial pilot and first stages of growth, they are now developing into a mature business and have recently kick-off mass production of their bikes. However, innovation and continuous improvement remain at the core of the company.
To support Cowboy in their ambitious plans and continuous improvement of their product & processes they are looking for a Purchasing Director Engineering.
As a partner of the VP manufacturing and the senior leadership team, you’ll take responsibility for the purchasing strategy & execution. You will lead the organization in establishing strong, clear and competitive relationships with suppliers and engineering partners, as well as covering a wide range of responsibilities.
- You hold end-responsibility for all material/component purchases related to manufacturing & engineering of the bikes. To do this you’ll work closely with the engineering & manufacturing department on a daily basis
- You define & execute the purchasing strategy:
- Establish clear processes & policies for all sourcing & procurement processes, including contractual & legal agreements
- You develop a team & coach them to become a crucial and strong partner of the manufacturing function
- You set the goals for quality, supply reliability, cost reduction,… & make sure you & the team achieve your goals
- You organize Cowboy supplier conferences, awards, etc.
- But you don’t mind getting your hands dirty yourself and have a broad skillset to use:
- You’ll be involved from sourcing to signing the contract & supplier reviews. You setup RFIs & RFQs, you participate in vendor selections, draft contracts & legal agreements, setup risk mitigation & back-up plans, price revisions,…
Who are you?
|# Master degree in Engineering||# Manufacturing experience|
|# Leading role within the purchasing function||# High potential professional role model|
|# Outstanding communication skills||# Cowboy mindset & attitude|
- You hold a Master’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Business) with 5- 10 years of professional experience.
- You have relevant experience in all of the following fields:
- Manufacturing with different manufacturing techniques
- Leading and setting up a strategic engineering purchasing department
- Familiar with mass-production & assembly line manufacturing
- You are technically skilled: read technical drawings, understand complex manufacturing processes and component specifications
- Ability to lead stakeholders through the purchasing process by implementing effective and structured communication tools<
- But most important:
- You are an entrepreneur, always keep the customer central!
- You like a fast-paced environment and strive for excellence and results!
- You want to win, you are passionate about what you do and want to inspire others
- You love bikes and want to be part of Cowboy’s inspiring story
What do you get?
- Highly competitive salary package, including the latest Cowboy bike
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing company with open, respectful and fun company culture
- You’ll be part of the game-changing environment leading the efforts on Green Mobility
- You have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Have the opportunity to work with people who love what they do every day
SOLLICITEER PER MAIL
SCHRIJF JE IN OP ONZE NIEUWSBRIEF!
2019 © Steve Skills.