About My Client
Credendo is active in all segments of trade credit and political risk insurance, providing a wide range of services and products that cover risks worldwide. Their mission is turning uncertainties into opportunities.
Credendo is therefore the fist-choice business partner to facilitate the financing of complex trade and investment projects. They support trade relations by providing customised solutions of insurance, reinsurance, guarantees, bonding and financing related to domestic and international trade transactions or investments abroad.
Even though they are rapidly growing, they strive to preserve the soul of a human-sized company in the way they interact as a team.
- # Leading EU Credit Insurance company
- # Multinational team
- # Global trade transactions
- # Investment financing
In this challenging position you provide, as a member of the legal team at Credendo’s headquarters, legal advice and guidance in a wide variety of issues relating to international transactions and export credit insurance. Your responsibilities are:
- Managing claims files related to export transactions or buyer credits to finance those exports, worldwide and in different jurisdictions and economic sectors;
- You will be in regular contact with exporters, banks, embassies and external advisors;
- You are involved in and negotiate international debt restructurings;
- You will work on cross-border challenging missions and have the possibility travel abroad;
Advising on a wide variety of legal matters, mainly in the field of corporate, solvency and (re)insurance law, and always in an international context. Stakeholders are management, other departments within the firm and clients;
Monitoring the regulatory climate in which Credendo operates;
You respond to legal and structural changes, thereby making a significant contribution to the group strategy; You are also involved in the upgrades or design of new insurance or financing products.
- # International transactions
- # Export Credit Insurance
- # Global trade & Contract issues
- # Missions abroad – travelling
You have a Belgian Master’s degree in Law, ideally supplemented by additional training in finance or business law;
You have at least 3 years’ professional experience as a Lawyer of an in-house company lawyer;
You are specialised in (international) Commercial law, Contract law and Corporate Law
You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch (mother tongue level) and a good knowledge of English and French;
You are highly communicative (orally and in writing) and able to convince others;
You are business oriented and interested in the financial aspects of international business transactions;
You like to work independently but also show team spirit;
You are flexible and able to deal with a variety of interlocutors (national and international);
You are prepared to travel from time to time.
- # BE Master in Law + specialised degree
- # 3 to 8 y. exp. as (in-house) Lawyer
- # Dutch + ENG & FR
- # Contract, Commercial – Corporate Law
A challenging career in a multilingual and international environment;
The opportunity to continuously learn and develop your talents;
Supportive, stable and pleasant work environment, with a strong focus on ethics and team spirit;
An attractive salary, complemented with a number of extra-legal benefits (meal vouchers, hospitalisation and group insurance, flex reward plan, teleworking, etc.);
The Belgian offices are located in the centre of Brussels and are easily accessible by public transport.
- # Challenging Career
- # International environment
- # Support your development
- # Flexible & pleasant environment