My client settles domestic and international securities transactions, covering bonds, equities, derivatives, and investment funds. My client provides securities services to financial institutions located in all major financials hubs.
- # Cross-border securities
- # FMI
- # Collateral Management
- # Securities lending & borrowing
As a member of the Legal Division of my client and in particular as a member of the Regulatory legal team, you will provide legal support to the Group. You will be working in the Belgium legal team consisting out of 8 in-house lawyers.
Your main responsibilities will be to provide legal advice in regards to corporate & regulatory matters (regulatory analysis in particular in regards to AML, UN/EU/OFAC sanction programs and embargoes etc), that impact and relate to settlement services. Having experience in a post-trade environment is a plus.
You will join a dynamic team of lawyers with a great team spirit willing to work in a good atmosphere. Your team will make sure that you are provide with the necessary frame and assistance in order to grow into your role. You will work in a tandem with another team member.
This mission is a full-time mission for an (initial) period of 4 to 6 months. Due to the current COVID-measures, the whole team works from home.
As an Interim Regulatory Legal Counsel, your responsibilities will include:
- Advise (internal) clients and management on the legal framework;
- Prepare regulatory impact analysis on practical use cases;
- Documenting the services offered by my client vis-à-vis their clients, counterparts, service providers, other Group entities;
- Cooperating with the lawyers of the Legal Division within all entities of the Group;
- Contract drafting;
- Close cooperation with internal business teams from compliance, product management, operations, etc;
- # Regulatory advise
- # Close cooperation with business team
- # AML, UN/EU/OFAC Sanctions
- # Regulatory impact analyses
- # Full-time Mission
- # (Initial period) of 4 to 6 months
- # Starting date: ASAP
- European qualified lawyer;
- Minimum 6 to 10 years of relevant experience in the capital market, preferably gained in a law firm or as in-house counsel of a bank, broker or other financial institution;
- Good knowledge of Belgian law and market practices in the financial world;
- Good financial regulatory knowledge (e.g. settlement finality directive, CSDR, UN/EU/OFAC sanction programs and embargoes etc);
- Knowledge of corporate law;
- Fluent in English and French or Dutch.
- Good drafting skills;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to integrate in a team;
- Detailed-oriented and analytic;
- Pragmatic, risk aware and capable to take initiatives;
- Flexible and proactive;
- Able to deliver high quality support consistent across jurisdictions, in a timely, pragmatic, cost efficient and effective fashion, and to build a solid understanding of the business of the Group;
- Respectfully defending own opinions or interests in any professional circumstance (assertiveness);
- Expressing well-founded opinions and positions and understanding their consequences (judgement);
- Obtaining approval of others with good arguments, appropriate influencing methods and a certain “natural authority” (persuasion);
- Acting with consideration of the dynamics in the organization (organizational sensitivity).
- # (In-house) Lawyer
- # Min. 6-10 y. exp.
- # Market practices knowledge
- # Regulatory Banking experience
- # English + FR/DU