About My Client
My client is a mulitnational biopharmaceutical company headquarted in Brussels. The legal Team is looking for reinforcement by a Legal Interim Manager highly specialised in IT Law and Data protection.
They strive to attract passionate and oustanding talents who thrive in change and are ready to bring real value to patients. The company places an emphasis on innovation, collaboration and impact.
- Multinational in Biopharmaceutics
- Digital health
- Research & Development
As a member of the Legal Division of my client and in particular as a member of the IT & Data Protection legal team, you will provide specialised expert legal support to the country lawyers and work as a primary interface to the business stake holders of the Group. You will be working one on one with the Senior Legal Counsel Digital Health & Data Protection who is located in Belgium.
Your main responsibilities will be to provide highly specialised legal advice in regards to IT contracting, Privacy & Data protection matters and GDPR. This is not a compliance role but an in-dept legal expert role in order to cover on a European level these specific legal questions related to the sector. Giving the fact that my client covers a wide range of highly sensible health related data, a solid knowledge of Privacy and Data protection is required.
Having experience in an international environment is a plus, taking into account that you will work closely with the global legal team.
You will join a dynamic team of lawyers with a great team spirit willing to work in a good atmosphere. Your team will make sure that you are provide with the necessary frame and assistance in order to grow into your role.
This mission is a full-time mission for an (initial) period of 6 months, starting as soon as possible.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Internal Advise on high level IT Law, Privacy & Data Protection matters to the country lawyers and the product lawyers;
- Advising on the management on the legal framework;
- Handling complex Legal GDPR questions;
- IT Contract drafting & negotiating;
- Providing in-dept legal advice in a sector that is highly regulated and covers sensible medical data;
- Providing complex IT law advice on a strategic level;
- Handling issues related to SAAS software and digital health products;
- Close cooperation with internal business teams specialised in compliance, product management, operations, etc;
- # In-dept IT, Privacy & GDPR advice
- # Close cooperation with business team
- # Digital Health – SAAS
- # Legal impact analyses
- # Full-time Mission
- # (Initial period) of 6 months
- # Starting date: asap
- European qualified lawyer;
- Minimum 5 up to 15 years of relevant experience in IT Law, Data Protection and GDPR preferably gained in a law firm or as in-house counsel;
- Experience in highly regulated and international environments;
- Experience with SAAS software and digital products;
- Experience in Digital health or in the medical sector is a plus;
- Excellent legal drafting skills;
- Fluent in English and Dutch or French.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to integrate in an international team;
- Detailed-oriented and analytic;
- Pragmatic, risk aware and capable to take initiatives;
- Flexible and proactive;
- Business-minded and solution orientated;
- Able to deliver high quality legal support consistent across jurisdictions, in a timely, pragmatic, effective fashion, and to build a solid understanding of the business;
- Respectful & generous when working with colleagues;
- Expressing well-founded opinions and positions and understanding their consequences (judgement);
- Obtaining approval of others with good arguments, appropriate influencing methods and a certain “natural authority” (persuasion);
- Acting with consideration of the dynamics in the organization (organizational sensitivity);
- Thriving in a team with an open door policy where team spirit is key.
- # (In-house) Lawyer
- # Min. 5-15 y. exp.
- # IT Law & Data Protection
- # Contract drafting & Advising
- # English + DU/FR