Legal Interim Manager Regulatory Banking
Our clientMy client is a renowned financial services company specialising in the settlement of securities transactions, as well as the safekeeping and asset servicing of these securities.
My client settles domestic and international securities transactions, covering bonds, equities, derivatives, and investment funds. My client provides securities services to financial institutions located in all major financials hubs.
- # Cross-border securities
- # FMI
- # Collateral Management
- # Securities lending & borrowing
As a member of the Legal Division of my client and in particular as a member of the Regulatory legal team, you will provide legal support to the Group. You will be working in the Belgium legal team consisting out of 8 in-house lawyers.
Your main responsibilities will be to provide legal advice in regards to corporate & regulatory matters (regulatory analysis in particular in regards to AML, UN/EU/OFAC sanction programs and embargoes etc), that impact and relate to settlement services. Having experience in a post-trade environment is a plus.
You will join a dynamic team of lawyers with a great team spirit willing to work in a good atmosphere. Your team will make sure that you are provide with the necessary frame and assistance in order to grow into your role. You will work in a tandem with another team member.
This mission is a full-time mission for an (initial) period of 4 to 6 months, starting ASAP. Due to the current COVID-measures, the whole team works from home.
As an Interim Regulatory Legal Counsel, your responsibilities will include:Advise (internal) clients and management on the legal framework;
Prepare regulatory impact analysis on practical use cases;
Documenting the services offered by my client vis-à-vis their clients, counterparts, service providers, other Group entities;
Cooperating with the lawyers of the Legal Division within all entities of the Group;
Close cooperation with internal business teams from compliance, product management, operations, etc;
- # Regulatory advise
- # Close cooperation with business team
- # AML, UN/EU/OFAC Sanctions
- # Regulatory impact analyses
- # Full-time Mission
- # (Initial period) of 4 to 6 months
- # Starting date: ASAP
- European qualified lawyer;
- Minimum 6 to 10 years of relevant experience in the capital market, preferably gained in a law firm or as in-house counsel of a bank, broker or other financial institution;
- Good knowledge of Belgian law and market practices in the financial world;
- Good financial regulatory knowledge (e.g. settlement finality directive, CSDR, UN/EU/OFAC sanction programs and embargoes etc);
- Knowledge of corporate law;
- Fluent in English and French or Dutch.
- Good drafting skills;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to integrate in a team;
- Detailed-oriented and analytic;
- Pragmatic, risk aware and capable to take initiatives;
- Flexible and proactive;
- Able to deliver high quality support consistent across jurisdictions, in a timely, pragmatic, cost efficient and effective fashion, and to build a solid understanding of the business of the Group;
- Respectfully defending own opinions or interests in any professional circumstance (assertiveness);
- Expressing well-founded opinions and positions and understanding their consequences (judgement);
- Obtaining approval of others with good arguments, appropriate influencing methods and a certain “natural authority” (persuasion);
- Acting with consideration of the dynamics in the organization (organizational sensitivity).
- # (In-house) Lawyer
- # Min. 6-10 y. exp.
- # Market practices knowledge
- # Regulatory Banking experience
- # English + FR/DU
Contact Ségolène Geeraert for more information.
We Are Social