Legal Counsel BeLux
Our client is an international listed company and operating across 100 markets.
We are looking for their Legal Coordinator for BeLux.
- # International Listed Company
- # FMCG
- # NPG Business
- # Mechelen
Your responsibilitiesAs Legal Counsel for BeLux, you will ensure the compliance of all activities with the legal framework applicable in Luxembourg and Belgium.
You ensure compliance with internal guidelines, providing legal advice to the various operational services and customers.
- Advise on legal requirements to be met by the company (excl. tax)
- Close follow-up on legislative changes relevant for the company and public policy issues
- Ensure legal compliance of product (incl review of artwork) and point of sale material
- Drive all legal aspects regarding contracts, support the organization (Sales, Marketing, Trade Marketing procurement) during negotiations and after-sales issues
- Manage GDPR compliance in the Benelux including advice on legal aspects
- Follow up litigation with external lawyers – provide input and collect evidence for litigation
- Implement head-office policies locally (e.g. code of conduct)
- Manage Crisis Management plans
- Manage internal and external legal audits
- Support the Public Affairs department with the analysis of legal texts both local and EU directives.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders on various legal matters & progress in litigation
- Training of internal collaborators of all relevant Legal topics
- Liaise with head office on corporate issues and information on local legal developments
- Present legislative updates to sales force at sales meetings
- Analysis and review of all communication.
- # Drive all legal aspects (contracts)
- # Legal Compliance
- # Communication
- # Training of internal collaborators
- Master degree in Law from a Belgian univeristy
- Relevant working experience preferably (min. 3 years) in a commercial context
- Relevant knowledge on legal decision-making procedures within Belgium & Luxembourg
- Up to date knowledge of general legislation
- Good communicator, able to brief management and specialists on legislative/regulatory issues
- Good knowledge of MS tools: Word – Excel – Powerpoint
- Good analytical skills enabling both quick and in-depth analysis of legislation
- Fluency in Dutch, French, and English
- Pro-active and eye for detail
- GDPR experience is a plus.
- # BE Masters of Law
- # Min. 3 y. exp.
- # Trilingual
- # Commercial & Corporate Law
We Are Social